Thursday, March 16, 2006

still life of a good night

Okay so This is my picture for today (once again food related!). I call this photograph "a good night" because what could be better than a bottle of the most expensive wine in the commisary (9 bucks) and a dish of just out of the oven lemon squares? They are cooling off next to the window. Pretty soon I won't be able to do this when the bugs come out. Don't worry - this isn't my entire dinner, I am making Chicken Piccatta as well.



which reminds me, hey Dad, can you mail me some thin wire so I can fix my screen or knit it a patch? See, I knew knitting would come in useful for things other than yarn!! There is no wire here in the PX to fix it.

So I have to say that Margaret Fitch-Hauser was the inspiration of these lemon squares. (Somewhere Margaret is scratching her head in wonderment). I had a dream the other day that Brigitta, Debra, Margaret and I were all going to a Listening Convention in South Dakota. Anyway, long story short - We had to sleep in Tichenor's basement because our plane was delayed and in my dream Margaret made lemon squares to cheer us up. So not only do I think often of the dear people of Auburn, apparently I dream about them too.

By the way - if you have been trying to reach me at my old Auburn e-mail, I can not seem to access it anymore. It won't let me. So please e-mail me at my yahoo address. thanks!

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

let me know how the CP turns out - I want a good recipe and haven't got round to trying any of the ones I have handy yet...

oh yeah, still at the office - made the mistake of playing online - but I really am going in a minute! doh!

3/17/2006 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home