Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Sorry it has been a few days....

Sorry it has been a few days since I have written here! On Monday, after work, we went to the movie showing on base. It was Underworld: The Evolution. Basically your werewolves vs. Vampires with a beautiful lady fighting. If you liked the last one, you'll like this one. I don't think I have to specify whether it was Harland or me that wanted to see it. :)

Tuesday of course was Valentine's Day. Elena always calls it Single's Awareness Day because everyone can tell who's single. I wasn't expecting to make much of Valentine's Day because Harland has been in the field... But Harland surprised me with some roses and a cute little Camp Casey bear (my first Cmp. Casey souvenir!) We also went out to dinner to a very fancy restaurant here in Donduchoen. It was a Tokk Kalbi restaurant which means it serves a special kind of Kalbi that is all chopped up while it cooks. There is also somehow some rice cake in it, which is how it gets it's name (tokk is rice cake). It was really nice and it was interesting to me because I have never had it. Unfortunately, our dinner was spent with me eating in silence while Harland was alternately yelling or being yelled at on the phone. The usual night around here.

The restaurant was pretty, there is a little courtyard in the stairwell with rocks and plants. It looks like an outdoor garden indoors. Also the doors were made out of some really beautiful wood, and I wish I had brought my camera. Inside you had your choice of tables or Korean style tables. They also had some rooms where you could be closed off, if you had a group of people.

Today was interesting - I got fingerprinted. Finally after doing the dishes tonight I can start to see my skin tone again. All day I was black from the second joint on each finger. Pretty funny. I wish I had a picture of that too. :)

well that is it, I am tired! Here is a non-food picture for you all to see. If you're anti-valentine, I am sorry.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's a good thing you married Harland. I like him! The roses are pretty. Of course, I'll really like him if he can help me find someone similar!

Love you and Miss you, Jess!

Peace,

Amy

2/17/2006 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home