Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Busy Day today

Well today was pretty busy, as the title suggests. Harland and I moved furniture and the fridge into the apartment. unfortunatly the space aged looking furniture was broken... so now we have a lovely orange and purple leather couch (yes you heard that right), two spinny chairs, and a fridge. We need to buy a bed - the bed in the old place was pretty gross.

So that was exciting. I also walked around 2nd market today. I didn't bring the camera, so no pictures. I forgot about my camera phone... and that takes such small pictures I am not sure how they'd post here anyway. I promise next time I am in 2nd Market, I will take some pictures.

I bought us some bowls. They're pretty ugly, but they are melamine. You remember - the plastic your highschool dished were made of? Very fun indeed, even if they have sheesy flowers on them.

I also bought us some real spoons and chopsticks. Some of you may not know this, but Koreans use the hardest kind of chopsticks there are to use. They are metal and very thin. I do not have time to post a picture of them tonight because Harland needs the computer in a minute, but check this same post tomorrow and I'll post a picture of them... I promise.

And here it is! In this photo I have some Chinese style chopsticks (blunt ends) and some shiny Korean chopsticks! See how thin they are? The are also flat, whereas the Chinese style ones are either square or round.



Also we went out to dinner after we moved the furniture (actually after Harland and the adashee moved the furniture). we went to "happy wok" an American style Chinese food place. I admit I was very skeptical. But I was proven wrong - it was fantastic! And they gave us a discount because we only had 12,000 won on us, so that is all they charged us. It was very good, we had the spicy sesame chicken. YUM. The only weird thing was that there was corn in the fried rice. But hey, what's a little corn? Tyler, tell Mike to go try it.

Also I am going into the apartment tomorrow and I will take some pictures of the inside. Well, that is all I have time for tonight!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will definitely pass along the "Happy Wok" good news to Mike... I think we almost ate there one night but ended up at Subway instead... go figure! Maybe next time!

2/02/2006 3:37 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Plastic from high school dishes! Cool!

Thought about you tonight. I went to a movie at the Capri (Good Night and Good Luck) -- it was a solo venture. Couldn't get any Auburn folks to take me up on it.

Anyway - as I ate at Sinclair's, I thought about the good times we had on Capri nights!

Martin (at the Capri) asked if you and Susan lose interest in a movie when it starts gets nominated for awards!

2/02/2006 2:44 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Eddy - Tell Martin I wish I could see award winning movies... this week at the movie theater here they are playing the movie 50cent made.

Mmmmm. Sinclair cajun burger. How I would love just a bite of one of those! And some of their fries with mayo... I dream of such food!

2/02/2006 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home