Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Bibimbap and Japchaebap



Upper left hand corner, Bipimbap

Upper righthand corner, Kimchi

Lower bottom, JapChaeBap.



Bipimbap is a lot of different kinds of veggies and kimchi over rice with an egg. Traditionally it is made in a stone bowl and it is all sizzling. Because this is takeout, it isn't quite the same.

The kimchi today was (starting in the upper left hand corner, going clockwise) - mung beans, regular cabbage kimchi, some kind of tough root kimchi, and some fish kimchi.

JapChaeBap is a noodle dish with rice. It had some onion, beef, cabbage, carrot and a lot of black pepper. It looks really greasy in this picture, but that is just because I didn't remove the plastic wrap off the top before I took the shot. Whoops. I clearly am not a professional photographer.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica, I just wanted to tell you that we miss you. I moved into your old space in Tichenor #308, so I think of you often.

Also, I tried one of the recipes from your most thoughtful cookbook and enjoyed it!! I hope you will benefit from your time in Korea.

Mary B.

1/25/2006 1:00 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks Mary - i miss all of you guys too.
:)
I am glad someone as cool as you moved into my old space and not just anyone got it. That makes me happy.

I am having a good time in Korea. I hope you have a good semester!

1/25/2006 6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home