Wednesday, January 25, 2006

On the Flip Side

Okay, Okay, I have gotten quite a bit of mail regarding the barracks. No I do not live with 40 men in one big room with bunkbeds like in Forest Gump, Hair, or other Hollywood film engaging in an Army theme. Those types of barracks are largely reserved for things like basic training, field exercises or other such short time training. Totally not at all where I am. So here is a picture of the side of the building I live in. For sure, it isn't much. I blurred out the number in case anyone here cares. It's like a two story dorm. We live on the top floor.


It's very exciting, I know. The room is actually about the same size as my dormroom at Millersville, and this place has the bonus of being painted tan and not pink. (Amy knows what I am talking about here). There is a kitchenette on the one side of the room. It is what I call shabby chic. I mean look at the back wall. It's painted a nice calming green color, instead of tan. And the painter decided the he couldn't be held to painting a straight line in the corners, which I take as a bold statement that his creativity can't be contained. And the cabinet beneath the sink is jauntily askew making the place seem less severe with its straight lines. Okay well, maybe not. It's just a crappy paintjob where they were too lazy to try and paint back there, and the cabinet's all busted... but I think the first description just sounds nicer.


And as for this last picture, it is just a picture of a Korean Pear. It's pretty ugly on the outside, but it is so incredibly tasty and juicy. And I don't even like most regular pears. They usually have Asian Pears in the grocery, but I have never had one so tasty. And it was huge - about 6 inches in diameter. It's the small things, folks, that entertain me. And so thus I have entertained you.

Rock on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home