Thursday, June 08, 2006

Cheese!

Well, I just have to share some good news, I have eaten cheese three times in the last week and not gotten sick! It is all due to a new lactose intolerant pill that I have been using. It is pretty expensive, but so worth it if you are craving some cheese!! I had some powdered parm. on my spaghetti (which I would love to have some real parm. But I'm in Korea, y'all - they don't have any!) and some cheddar/jack shredded mix on bean burritos twice. I haven't eaten a whole lot of cheese (like say some pizza or something) but this is a promising trend. (since velveeta was making me sick and we all know how little cheese is in THAT!).

So that is cool. I look forward to coming to the States and having some Camembert or some shaved Parmesan with some salad. Or maybe even a slice or two of legendary Birdsboro meatball pizza. yum. Tell Dantes (or whatever it is called now) to be ready.

Other than the excitement of dairy, the Red Cross Station manager arrived incountry last evening and was in the office this morning. And so that is very cool... We won't be so stressed out with only two people (and 1 of them a part time volunteer!!).

Harland and I have some possible exciting plans coming up. I won't spoil the surprise. Anyway - happy weekend! And if you see Rebecca and Jason on the 10th - wish them a happy 5th anniversary. If you see my Uncle John on the 10th, tell him happy birthday! If you see Brig and Troy on the 11th wish them a happy 1st anniversary. I won't likely see any of them, unfortunately, but there should be a lot of celebrating out there this weekend.

Now - here are some shots of the landscaping around the Dragon Hill Lodge... A little bit of beauty. You can tell "haze" season has started over here. Now I regret not getting more clear mountain shots. Oh well. Today it massively poured for a few hours which reminds me that monsoon season is on its way.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exciting news about the cheese! I hope you are able to eat whatever you like now. Thanks for the anniversary wishes!
Rebecca

6/16/2006 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home